|Posted by Dr Desh Raj Sirswal on August 31, 2012 at 5:40 AM||comments (0)|
Tocelebrate the Teacher’s Day Centre for Positive Philosophyand Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Milestone Education Society (Regd.)Pehowa (Kurukshetra)-136128OrganizesNationalLevel Essay Competition for Students on thetheme“CurrentIssues in Indian Society”Indian society ismultifaceted to an extent perhaps unknown in any other of the world's greatcivilizations. Virtually no generalization made about Indian society is validfor all of the nation's multifarious groups. Comprehending the complexities ofIndian social structure has challenged scholars and other observers over manydecades. This Essay Competitionconcentrates on socio-political issues and a tribute to Dr. SarvepalliRadhakrishnan (1888-1975) an academic, philosopher, and statesman and was one of the most recognized andinfluential Indian thinkers in academic circles in the 20th century. This Essay Competition provides anopportunity to think over some basic concepts of Indian society as well asmotivate students to find out solution for future.Subthemes:· TheConcept of Peace and Globalization in Indian Culture· Students’participation in Socio-Political Issues· Womenin 21st Century: Issues and Future Perspectives· Teacher-StudentRelationship: An Indian Outlook· Needof Spiritualistic Outlook in Human Life· Effectof Westernization on Indian Society · Dalit-Discriminationin Indian Culture and Indian Scriptures· ReservationPolicy as a Socio-Political Issue· WillIndia ever leave the Caste-Discrimination issue in upcoming years?· Philosophyof Liberation with Special reference to Dalits Eligibility:Undergraduate student from any stream.
LastDate of Submission: 5th September, 2012
Procedure:Essays between 1500-2000 words, neatly written or typed in Hindi or Englishlanguage, reached to the undersigned till 5th September ,2012 oremail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefitsof Participation: Selected candidate will be provided a meritcertificate with a prize and essay will be published in an online publicationof the Centre.
Dated: 16th August, 2012.
(Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal)Forfurther details contact:Dr.Desh Raj SirswalDepartmentof Philosophy,P.G.Govt.College for Girls, Sector-11,Chandigarh (India)Email:email@example.comContactNumber-09896848775, 08968544048http://positivephilosophy.webs.com
|Posted by Dr Desh Raj Sirswal on December 16, 2011 at 3:35 AM||comments (0)|
Call for Papers for an E-Seminar on
"Philosophy of Shaheed Bhagat Singh"
The Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS) is going to organise an E-Seminar on “Philosophy of Shaheed Bhagat Singh on 23rd March, 2012. Research papers from faculty members, research scholars and academicians are invited in English/Hindi language consisting about 2500-3000 words with an abstract of 200 words. All the electronic papers will be published on net and selected papers will be included in the following issues of “Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy”.
The following subthemes are selected for wide listening of the seminar:
● Social Philosophy of Bhagat Singh
● Bhagat Singh’s Philosophy of Education
● Bhagat Singh’s Analysis of Indian Culture
● Bhagat Singh’s Message for Youth of India
● Bhagat Singh’s Ideas on Caste-Discrimination
● Bhagat Singh Vision of India’s Freedom
● Bhagat Singh’s Ideas on Religion and Spirituality
● Bhagat Singh and Karl Marx
● Bhagat Singh and Dr B.R.Ambedkar
● Effect of Socialism and Reformism on Bhagat Singh’s Philosophy
● Bhagat Singh’s Ideas on Socialist Democracy
● Bhagat Singh and Indian Freedom Movement
● Relevance of Bhagat Singh Ideas in 21st Century
● History of Revolutionary Movement in India
Format for Submission:
Please submit the electronic copy of your paper as well as a hard copy with a certificate of originality of paper by/before the 31th January 2012 in the following format by post on below mentioned address. You can also email us paper with scan copy of certificate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes and references should appear at the end of the articles as Notes. The following style of reference may be strictly followed:
● In case of Journal: Authors last name, initials, year of publication, name of the paper, name of the journal (italic), volume number, issue number and page number.
● In case of a Book: Authors last name, initials, year of publication, title of the book(italic), name of publisher, place of publication and page numbers.
● In case of an edited Book: Authors last name, initials, year of publication, name of the editor, title of the book (italic), name of publisher, place of publication and page numbers.
● In case of institution/Govt. Report: full name of the institution/ministry, year of publication, place of publication.
For further inquiry contact:
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal,
Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS),
Milestone Education Society (Regd), Balmiki Basti, Ward No. 06,
Pehowa, (Kurukshetra)-136128 (HARYANA)
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org